- This sale is conducted via mail, phone, fax and Internet bidding only by Susan Knous dba/ Railroad Memories. All persons including consignors, Railroad Memories and its principles may bid on lots that do not belong to them personally.
- Auction sales are strictly cash in US Funds payable through a bank in the US. Lot(s) purchased must be paid for in full prior to delivery, unless credit arrangements have been specifically agreed to by Railroad Memories.
- Payment may be made with Visa, Master Card, Discover & American Express. We also accept Pay Pal, money orders and personal checks
- All items are guaranteed to be genuine unless otherwise noted. Any claims involving errors in this catalog must be made within five days of receipt of merchandise.
- Internet Bidding is strongly encouraged as the prices and your bids are processed in real time. Email bids are discouraged. You are welcome to call us at any time to place a bid or ask about a lot. If you are bidding by mail or FAX please check your bid sheet for accuracy. We are not responsible for errors in bidding.
- Five minutes before the normal auction closing time which is on Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 10:00pm ET; 9:00pm CT; 8:00pm MT; 7:00pm PT, a five minute timer per item is started. If an item receives a bid during that period, the five minute timer for that item is reset. Thus, an item is not closed until it has received no bids for five minutes. Please read this extra
information about how the five minute timer works. Mail bids must be received no later than the day before the auction closes and FAX bids must be received no later than 2 hours before the auction closes.
- In case of duplicate bids on any one item, the earliest postmarked bid sheet and or confirmed phone reserve will be awarded the lot.
- Railroad Memories will supply the winning bidder with the second highest bidders name. Successful bidders names are confidential.
- If you are bidding by mail and do not have Internet access we will act on your behalf. We encourage you to bid the most you are willing to pay as the bids will be placed in increments. All bids must be placed in whole dollars only. Ex: If we receive a bid for $157.00 we will round it down to $150.00.
- Bidding increments - You must bid in the following bid increments:
|Up to $100|| . . . ||$5|
|$100 to $300|| . . . ||$10|
|$300 to $500|| . . . ||$20|
|$500 to $1,000|| . . . ||$25|
|$1,000 to $2,500|| . . . ||$50|
|$2,500 to $5,000|| . . . ||$100|
|$5,000 and up|| . . . ||$250|
- ALL BIDDERS AGREE TO PAY A 5% BUYERS PREMIUM.
- Printed catalogs will be available approximately 30 days prior to an auction. Cost is $20 per issue and includes a complete prices realized summary. The Catalogs have long been an important resource for collectors to keep up with current market values.
- Any item may be returned for a full refund within 5 days of receipt of merchandise unless the lot is sold on an AS IS basis. PLEASE CALL BEFORE RETURNING ANY ITEM so we can instruct you on the procedure. If an item arrives damaged please keep all original packaging materials.
- POSTAGE, SHIPPING, HANDLING & INSURANCE CHARGES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE BUYER. We insure items for the purchase price.
- If you are a resident of Colorado, the statewide sales tax of 2.9%, as well as your county specific sales tax, will be added to the final price unless a valid Colorado Resale License is on file with us.
- If at any time during the auction period an act or circumstance takes place which impedes or affects the normal auction process, the auction can be postponed or terminated at the auctioneer's discretion.